Oxford Dictionary & Translator: Text, Voice, Image
- Powered by Oxford University Press – the world’s most trusted dictionary publisher.
- Oxford Dictionary with Translator is your must-have app if you are:
● Learning a new language
● Travelling abroad
● Studying for exams
● Talking to international family and friends
● Negotiating with a foreign business partner
Or simply want to expand your knowledge and vocabulary in a particular language.
With over 4.5 million words and definitions you can easily look up words and phrases on the go. Oxford Dictionary with Translator will make you feel confident in solving any language-related challenge, no matter where you are.
● Translator mode – supports 70+ languages. Translate speech, text or photos in seconds.
●Dictionary mode – powered by 14 of the top Oxford dictionaries.You will be able to translate any word or phrase.
●Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word again! Available for 70+ languages.
●Favourites lists – create custom lists of words.
●Offline Dictionary mode – access the wealth of the word database anywhere, anytime – no Internet connection is required. What’s more you can now avoid paying expensive roaming charges when travelling abroad.
EXTENSIVE LANGUAGE SUPPORT
English (AU, UK, US), French (FR, CA), Spanish (ES, LA), Catalan, Portuguese (PT, BR), German, Italian, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Hindi, Hebrew, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian and Slovak.
… and many more!
14 OF THE TOP OXFORD DICTIONARIES
• English – Oxford Dictionary of English
• American English – New Oxford American Dictionary
• Russian – Oxford Russian Dictionary
• Spanish – Oxford Spanish Dictionary
• Chinese Simplified – Oxford Chinese Dictionary
• French – Oxford Hachette French Dictionary
• German – Oxford German Dictionary
• Japanese – Oxford Japanese Mini Dictionary
• Urdu – Oxford English Urdu Dictionary
• Italian – Oxford Paravia Italian Dictionary
• Portuguese – Oxford Essential Portuguese Dictionary
• Thai – Concise Oxford-River Books English-Thai Dictionary
• Bulgarian – Oxford SoftPress English Bulgarian Dictionary
• Greek – Oxford Greek Mini Dictionary
Not sure how to spell or pronounce a certain word or phrase? The translator mode combines several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
Ready to go: it works offline without any further file to download!
♦ More than 388000 english definitions and large number of inflected forms
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger (swipe right and left)
♦ Manage your bookmarks, personal notes and search history
♦ Crossword help: the symbol ? can be used in place of single unknown letter. The symbol * can be used in place of any group of letters. The fullstop symbol . can be used to mark the end of a word.
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Share word definition using other apps, like gmail or whatsapp
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader, FBReader and other applications via share button
♦ Backup&restore configuration, personal notes and bookmarks on local memory, Google Drive, Dropbox and Box clouds (available only if you have installed these applications on your device)
♦ Camera search via OCR Plugin, available only on devices with back camera. (Settings->Floating Action Button->Camera). The OCR Plugin has to be downloaded from Google Play.
• Text-to-Voice – instant voice dictation of the entered text.
• Text-to-Text – translate entire passages of text effortlessly.
• Voice-to-Text – speak and get the translation as text.
• Camera-to-Text – snap a pic and get a translation.
INTUITIVE AND USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE
• Input – translate via speech, typing, or pasting any text.
• Choose a voice – listen to translations in a male or female voice.
• Share – exchange words, phrases, or entire conversations via email, SMS, or other sharing apps on your device.