How to claim motor accident insurance without lawyer in india
How To Claim Auto Insurance After an Accident?
Despite being a good automobilist, you could be involved in an accident and the result can be truly stressful at times. When you are involved in an accident, you need to follow certain way to ensure all are safe, follow the law and initiate the insurance claim process. Your immediate action is to inform your insurance company and follow the procedure properly to claim bus insurance after an accident. Working with your insurer after an accident is vital to get your claim settled rightly.
How to Claim Auto Insurance After an Accident in India?
The business density in India can be truly grandly due to the sheer number of vehicles. While you may drive safely and ensure you follow business rules, there may be necessary mishaps. The process to raise a claim for bus insurance after an accident has evolved over the times. Technology and digitizing of various deals have made it easier to follow certain procedures. Read on to learn what steps you need to take after an accident in India.
Procedure For Making a Auto Insurance Claim After Meeting an Accident
Claiming Bus insurance after an accident requires a careful understanding of the procedure of registering the claim with your insurance company. Below is a step-by- step companion for making a bus insurance claim
1. Inform Your Insurance Company
Make a call to your insurance company to inform them about the accident and give detailed information about the damages to your bus. Ensure you do not withhold any information from your insurer as it may be ineffective while settling claims.
2. Train an FIR with the Police
Inform the police about the accident directly and file a First Information Report (FIR), if demanded. FIR is demanded in case of theft, road accidents or fire. You may not bear an FIR if it’s for minor dents and scrapes. And you will bear it when a third party is involved in the accident.
3. Take Filmland
Make sure you take enough cinema of the damage and the place of the accident. Ensure the prints are clear and damages are visible so that the insurance company will be suitable to examine the extent of physical damages and settle the claim accordingly.
4. Submit Demanded Documents to the Insurer
To exercise the claim, the insurance company requires certain documents analogous as a dupe of the insurance policy, FIR, the owner- automobilist’s Driving Licence, a dupe of the Registration Certificate of your bus, etc. Ensure you submit these documents and work with your insurer for a hassle-free experience.
5. Get Your Bus Repaired
You can take your bus to the garage to get it repaired. Or, you can ask your insurance company to get theautofixed.However, you will also be reimbursed or compensated for the loss accordingly, If the insurer approves your claim.
6. In The Case of Theft
In case your bus is stolen, follow the process of informing your insurance company and train an FIR at the original police station. Submit documents analogous as the RC, your DL, FIR,etc. to the insurancecompany.However, they will issue anon-traceable instrument, If the police are not suitable to trace the bus within a reasonable time frame. The insurer will also settle the claim and pay the current request value of your bus.
Documents Needed To Make a Auto Insurance Claim
One of the most important aspects while raising a claim on your bus insurance is to submit the demanded documents. Below is the list of documents demanded while raising a bus insurance claim
- Copy of your bus insurance policy.
- The First Information Report (FIR) from the police.
- Copy of the automobilist’s driving licence.
- Duly filled and signed claim form.
- Original form bill, cash bills,etc.
- Copy of your bus’s Registration Certificate (RC).
- Medical bills in case of physical injuries.
Additional Documents in Case of Reimbursement Claim:
In case you would like your bus repaired with your capitalist and also want to raise a claim to get a payment, you will have to give fresh documents to the insurance company. Below are the documents in case of payment claim
- Original form bills or cash bills.
- All other documents listed above this section.
What You Should Not Do After an Accident?
There are important precautions that you need to exercise as soon as you meet with an accident. There are conduct that you should not be doing as well. Learn what you should not do after an accident
Do Not Run Down
Deal with the situation rather of facing the consequences subsequently. Running down will make you look suspicious and the claim process becomes indeed more delicate. Depending on the strictness of the situation, you may have to meet legal consequences and end up losing a lot of capitalist. Stay calm and take a softer approach while dealing with people or the law.
Avoid Not Filing a Claim
Your bus insurance policy is designed to cover the financial arrears arising out of damages to third parties and your bus. Not filing a claim within the quested time frame may lead to deprecation, causing a dent on your savings.
Deal With a Calm Mind
Do not get argumentative with the third party. Deal the situation with the utmost care and ensure a productive discussion with the third party.
How To Train a Auto Insurance Claim?
You can make two different types of machine insurance claims which are Own Damage and Third- party claims. Also’s the process on how to file a bus insurance claim
Own Damage Claim
In case you have comprehensive bus insurance which covers your own damages, you can raise a claim for the damages to your vehicle. Below is the process to file a bus insurance claim if you have comprehensive insurance
- Step 1 Inform your insurance company about the accident and the extent of the damages to your vehicle.
- Step 2 Train a First Information Report (FIR) at the original police station.
- Step 3 Submit demanded documents with the insurance company.
- Step 4 Get a surveyor to check your bus and get the claim settled once your bus is fixed.
Third- Party Claim
In case a third party has caused damages or injuries to you or to your bus by a third party vehicle, you can raise a claim for medical charges due to particular injury or property damage. There is no limit on the liability cover for injury or death, while the cover for damages to third party property is limited bluffs.7.5 lakh. The Motor Insurance Claims Tribunal will decide the compensation amount after due process.
Still, in case your vehicle has caused damages to a third party bus, your insurance company will compensate for the loss, injury or death of the third party. Below is the process to file the third party claim in both scripts
- Step 1 Get the insurance details of the third party bus and inform the third party’s insurance company about the accident.
- Step 2 Inform your insurance company within the quested time period.
- Step 3 Inform the accident at the original police station and train an FIR. Insure the FIR has all details of the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Step 4 The Motor Claims Tribunal will decide the compensation in case of a major accident.
Things To Remember:
Also are a numerous goods to remember while raising a claim on your bus insurance policy
- Inform your insurance company directly without any detention. The time period is generally within 24 hours of the incident. In case of detention, there is a possibility of the claim being disapproved.
- Inform the police if demanded. In case demanded, ensure you get the FIR filed at the original police station.
- Assess the situation and raise the right type ofclaim.However, you can avoid raising a claim and take advantage of the NCB, If it’s a minor dent and is negligible.
- Ensure you enter correct details while submitting the claim form. Avoid incorrect contact details or credentials which may impact your claim.
- Try and not make an on-the- spot agreement with the third party to avoid unlooked-for hassles.
- Do not get argumentative with the third party. Try and settle the issue amicably to avoid any gratuitous confusion.
- Abide by the legal formalities in case of an accident and follow procedures of the law department.
- Make sure you get all the documents necessary to raise a claim.
- Still, also get your bus fixed at the network garage to take advantage of the cashless service, If you have the option of a cashless claim installation.