GPSC CLASS 1-2 EXAM SYLLABUS 2020
GPSC syllabus has been prepared by Gujarat Public Service Commission. The Commission is constitutionally authorized to set and change the system of GPSC examinations and to take decisions on matters of recruitment, transfer and discipline.
In this article, you will find the complete GPSC syllabus for admission in Gujarat Administrative Services and Gujarat Civil Services administered by Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC).
GPSC 2020 notification has been issued. More GPSC Aspirants can refer to the linked article for recruitment-related details. Any change in the syllabus of GPSC will be made once the official notification is published.
The GPSC exam is conducted in 2 stages.
- Stage 1: Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Stage 2: Main Exam (Written and Personal Interview)
Some important points to consider in GPSC Syllabus 2020:
GPSC takes the exam in 3 stages
- Preliminary – 2 Papers – Objective Type Questions (MCQ)
- Main – 6 papers – descriptive type questions
- The GPSC exam pattern for GPSC prelims is given below
- Name of Gujarat Administrative Services Class 1 and Gujarat Civil Services, Class 1 and II Examination Gujarat Public Services Examination
- Number of Papers of Paper I – General Studies I.
- Paper 2- General Studies II
- Date of GPSC Exam (Early 2019) 13 October October 2019
- The date of GPSC exam (early 2020) is yet to be announced
- Exam duration 3 each hour
- Maximum marks for each paper 200 marks
- Total marks of all prelims papers 400 marks
- Type of questions Objective (multiple choice questions)
- The GPSC exam example for Mains exam is given below
Maximum marks of 150 marks for each paper
- 900 marks of all major papers
- 100 marks for personality test (interview)
- The final selection will take into account the total marks for 1000 marks
- Form of questions Descriptive type questions
GPSC Personality Test / Interview is held for candidates who clear the GPSC Main Stage of GPSC Exam. The interview (in GPSC exam pattern) is for 100 marks and tests general aptitude for general awareness, character, expression, personality, intelligence, and service.